Apache Derby database
StarLogin 8 includes an Apache Derby database. This one allows to manage in a reliable and efficient way the various data included as well as those created by the user: astrological events, contacts, appointments, stars, comets, asteroids, etc.
From the Tools and configuration window, you can
simply make a backup of the database. It is automatically stored in a
file like starlog_backup_2013-05-07172957.zip
placed in the application directory. the file is named according to the
date and time. In the example, the backup was made May 7, 2013
(2013-05-07) at 17:29:57 (172957).
To make a backup of the database, simply click on the button F.
To restore the database
from one of his backups, StarLogin 8 must not be launched:
- go to the starlog8 directory that is in the application directory;
- delete or rename the seg0 subdirectory;
- create a new subdirectory seg0;
- delete or move the files from the log subdirectory (which are of ctrl or dat kind);
- unpack the wanted zip archive backup;
- move or copy all the files (of type dat) it contains to place them into the subdirectory seg0;
- re launch StarLogin 8.